I’ve been using coconut oil (aggressively) for about a year now, and I still find new ways to reap its benefits. Here’s my top ten list of uses for coconut oil:
- To cook eggs (whites for me) in. You won’t regret it.
- Cut up sweet potato, rub a bit of coconut oil on it, and bake. Delicious.
- To cook my protein pancake. Throw a bit on the pan and pour in the pancake mix (egg whites, oats, blueberries, and cinnamon). Heck, cook anything in it. It’s healthy, smells amazing, and tastes delicious.
- Lip gloss. Yup. Lip gloss.
- Use a bit in your hair to smooth it out and style the ends.
- Leave-in conditioner. Rub a small amount mostly into the ends of your hair, comb through and leave in for about an hour before washing out. So silky and smooooothe.
- Use on the skin as a basic lotion.
- Popping popcorn! Instead of butter – coat the bottom of the pot with coconut oil and add just enough kernels to make a single layer over the bottom of the pot. Shake the pot up a bit, put over medium heat, cover and pop!
- Add a teaspoon to your coffee or tea.
- Use it as a makeup remover, or on a sunburn, or even on your pets. It’s magic. Anything goes. Go crazy and enjoy!